Tuesday 17 March 2015

Altered Box - Step-By-Step

Today I'm going to show you how I've decorated this box. It used to have chocolate in it.
 
 
First I paint a layer of gesso around the edges to hide the original color of the box.
 
 
I put on a knob from Tim Holtz which makes it easier to pull the drawer out of the box.
 
 
Then I cut out pieces of patterned paper with the right sizes to cover the box on each side.
I cut the same amount pieces of carton, but now 1 cm smaller than the patterned paper pieces. 
Last thing to cut are a second set of patterned paper pieces, this time 0,5cm smaller than the
cardboard.
Then I use stickles around the edges of all three sets of paper and cardboard pieces.
The pieces is finally glued onto the box, layer by layer.
 
 
The box are now ready to be decorated.

 
I used Washi Tape inside.

 
Then I decorate with flower.

 
At las I decorated with small and bigger roses.
 
 
I have used paper from Prima and stamp from kaBoks.
 
 

 
 
Have a nice day!
Hugs, Randi.

Products from Wild Orchid Crafts:
Apple Blossoms  Pastel tone MKX-496
Lily Flowers MKX-333
Chrysanthemums QVR-023
Rosebuds Pale Pink 4 mm GST-007
Rosebuds Ivory 8 mm GST-004
Rosebuds Ivory 6 mm GST-004
Rosebuds Ivory 4 mm GST-004
Cutout Set GST-077
Washi Faric Tape GST-177

1 comment:

  1. So pretty and thanks for the tutorial as I love decorating boxes. I especially love the flowers and the great idea inside with that pretty washi tape Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete